Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Lab 8: Thermal Infrared Images

The objectives of lab 8 is to interpret thermal infrared images using the Stefan Boltzmann constant and create thermal images by adjusting symbology and band combinations. The images that were used were from Ecuador and Pensacola.   

Once I went through the exercises, the last assignment was to identify features applying what I learned and enhance the image.  From the exercises in lab, I noticed there was a visible difference between farm land and natural vegetation when I adjusted the bands to R-6, G-4. B-7.  However, that difference was not as noticeable when I looked at the image with layer 6.  The two different feature types look very similar.  Band 6 shows how the vegetation emits less energy than the urban areas.
Thermal and Multispectral Image of Ecuador

No comments:

Post a Comment