Wednesday, April 1, 2015

GIS 4303: Week 12

This week's lab covered how to create an address locator, geocode addresses, and create a route analysis.  In addition to creating a route analysis, also found optimal route.

After downloading the census data, I opened the data in ArcCatalog to create the address locator.  I had to choose a reference field, selected dual range, and populate certain fields.  In ArcMap, added the feature class of addresses and selected Geocode Addresses.  I adjusted the minimum match requirement and geocoded the addresses.  I rematched the unmatched addresses by either picking address on the map or looking at the possible matches in the interactive box.

To find the best route of the Emergency Medical Service locations, I had to added stops to the map by using the Network Analyst toolbar.  I added three stops and used the Network Analysis to calculate the route.  Before that happened, I adjusted the analysis settings to find the best route in minutes, set up restrictions, and checked to avoid invalid locations.

The second part of the lab involving Model Builder.  This gave me good insight into how a model is crated and that is can be used to run multiple tools.  It seems like it would greatly save time and be used as notes to remember how a map was created.

No comments:

Post a Comment