Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Programming: Module 3

Module 3 lab involved using modules, conditions, and loops.  To get the results of the screenshot below, I had to import the math module.  Part of the script creates a list of players and the dice game results.  Next, I created a while loop that randomly selects 20 integers ranging from 0 to 10.  I then printed one list of all the integers.  From the random numbers that were selected, if the number 8 was in the list, I had it removed.  To do this, I counted how many times the number 8 appeared in the list.  Once I had the number, I used a while loop inside a condition statement to remove the number 8 until it was gone.  By counting how many 8's there are, that determined if the while loop continued to run.  The results printed.

Script Results
I felt this lab was rather difficult.  It was a challenge to figure out the correct syntax and order of each operation.  By working through the lab, I learned quickly how important indenting is to the script.  Below is a flow chart of the script.

Flow Chart of Step 4

No comments:

Post a Comment