Sunday, September 18, 2016

Special Topics: Lab 4

This week's lab looked at create new network datasets and adjusting the analysis settings.  I created a network dataset that used streets as the participating feature class.  I selected to model turns, but did not use restricted turns.  I used elevation fields, but did not select to use traffic modeling.  Once all the settings were adjusted, I built the network dataset.

In ArcMap, I added the recently created network dataset.  I enabled the network analysis and created a new route.  To create the route, I had to load the facilities for the stops.  The impedance was set to minutes and the stops were able to be reordered to find the fastest route.  However, the first and last stop had to remain the same.  The only restriction was one ways.

Next, I added the restricted turns to the Turn settings and rebuilt the network dataset.  In ArcMap, I added the streets and restricted turns layers.  I used the same network analysis setting as previously, and resolved the route.  By adding restricted turns, the route has to adjust slightly to find a new route.

Restricted Turns

The final route analysis required to build a new network analysis.  This time, I used traffic modeling.  I made sure to adjust all of the traffic settings.  The traffic data looked at speeds, and level of traffic.  It contains the free-flow speeds. The network analysis settings were the same was the other two routes.  With adding traffic information the route is adjusted to traffic speeds.  Previously, that information was not included in the travel time.
Traffic Data

No comments:

Post a Comment