Sunday, September 25, 2016

Special Topics: Lab 5

Lab 5 covers Vehicle Routing Problem and how adjusting setting and routes, it impacts how many stops and routes will be produced.  To start the analysis, I added the customer information for the orders.  I adjusted the parameters for pick up times and other parameters.  Next I added the distribution center for the depot.  I set the parameters for when the depot can be stopped at.

Next I added the routes I loaded the truck information.  For the route properties, I adjusted when the route can start, the cost per mile and cost per minute, assignment rules, and the maximum capacity.  I added route zones and adjusted the parameter to True so routes stay to the correct zone.  U-turns were also not allowed for the routes.

Finally, I ran the Solver and 6 orders were not reached.  To fix this, I adjusted the properties for Truck 15 and 16 to "include" the assignment rule.  Previously, they were set to exclude which meant forced the routes to only pick up orders assigned to that truck.

After adding the new routes, below is a screenshot of the new routes which services all orders.  Only one exceeds the time limit.  Customer service will increase since every order is taken care of and only one time violation.
Improved Routes

No comments:

Post a Comment