Sunday, October 2, 2016

Special Topics: Lab 6

This week's lab covered location allocation.  To perform this analysis, I added the distribution centers as the locations.  I added the customers as demand points.  I added the analysis settings and used an output of straight lines.  There was no impedance cutoff and it used all of the facilities.  After solving, not all of the customers seemed to be assigned the closest center.  Then I reassigned the market areas by performing a spatial join of market areas and the customers.  I performed table joins to figure out how many customers go to which facility.  The Summary Statistics tool which counted the customers in market areas.

Next I created a new feature class by joining the unassigned market area and new table.  Now the market areas are reassigned.

The weakness is that the allocation did not always have distribution centers going to the closest customers.  The strength is the ability to analyze all of the settings and inputs very quickly to show market areas.
Location Allocation

No comments:

Post a Comment